Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have just finished a course of antibiotics for laryngitis.

I have a dull headache...
I have just finished a course of antibiotics for laryngitis. I have a dull headache and have had dizziness for a few days now.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: The I didn't really notice the headache til this morning I tried messaging my head and it was like a dull headache in the roof of my head. The dizziness has been constant especially when I lean back
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have suffered from vertigo in the past just worried as quite off balance atm
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/6/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The headache and dizziness is most likely associated with the same infection as in your larynx that most likely affected inner ear as well which is responsible for maintaining balance and results in dizziness on movement while infected. Since you have already finished antibiotic course, i would recommend you to wait and watch for 2 to 3 days as it takes a while while improving all the symptoms and if it does not improve then you should get your ears examined by the doctor as a followup.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.
Best wishes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thankyou that would make sense as didn't feel quite right behind the ears. I had the antibiotics for 10 days and finished them this morning. Didn't realise it would take a little longer.

My pleasure.
Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor