Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I had an hiv 1 rna Test after a condom... I had an hiv 1 rna

Second opinion] I had an...
Second opinion] I had an hiv 1 rna Test after a condom...
I had an hiv 1 rna Test after a condom broke during intercourse and it was at the 29 day mark and my test came back negative and then I am hiv antigen and antibody Test and came back negative at week six. Is the a possibilty hiv is dormant as I have flu symptoms and body aches? The test was aLabCorp test for HIV 1 RNA which came back negative ; Can HIV-1 be dormant before it ever shows up in any test like HIV 1 RNA Test? Or can the viral load be so low that is not able to be detected but a person still has Symptoms?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/6/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

That is most likely common cold which gives you such symptoms as if RNA test missed it the duo test is accurate enough at six weeks to detect the virus if any. So it is conclusive weeks and you are safe. Nothing much to worry about.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.
Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor