Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a horrible itch on my labia. Have received creams

from my obgyn, but they...
I have a horrible itch on my labia. Have received creams from my obgyn, but they haven't cleared it up. I'm going crazy!
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: clobetasol and Nystatin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can remember
11/5/2017
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for waiting. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. The cause of itching is still likely to be a fungal infection. You have been rightly treated for it but sometime one specific anti fungal is not specific and some time we need to give oral anti fungal drugs. So you should request your doctor to prescribe you with oral anti fungal tablet. Before that you can try to apply a mixture of over the counter available Clotrimazole cream and 1% hydrocortisone cream twice daily. Along with that take over the counter available tablet Benadryl twice daily. Do all this for 2 week, provided you start feeling better in first 3 days. Don't worry, I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for the info, Dr. Hasan. I'll try what you say, and get back to you with the results!

Most welcome dear :) Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor