Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a Viral throat infection which is causing a

Customer Question
I have a Viral...

I have a Viral throat infection which is causing a persistant cough, I don't have a sore throat. what can I take to ease the coughing

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

2 weeks and no fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have Asthma but only when I am sick

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/2/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You should take antitussive cough syrup containing dextromethorphan like Hold DM, many are available OTC. Chewing liquorice can help to stop cough. Ginger tea, salt water gargles , soups and chicken stock would be beneficial.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.
Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.