Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a question regardfing ct scan says probably fibrosis

type pattern JA: Have you seen...
I have a question regardfing ct scan says probably fibrosis type pattern
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no and nome
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: had hip replace, appendix and gall bladder removed
11/2/2017
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Please type in the entire report.

And let me know what your question is.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this was stated on my hospital report
Lung bases demonstrate probable chronic facial changes with greatest involvement left anterior mid chest, unchanged from the prior study.
The appearance suggests a probably fibrosis type pattern.CT ABDOMEN AND PELVIS WITH IV CONTRAST 5/23/2017 5:45 PM: HISTORY: Abdomen Pain, EPIGASTRIC REGION CONTINUOUSTODAY FOR AFTER INGESTING BP MEDICATION TECHNIQUE: A helical scan was obtained of the abdomen and pelvis during the bolus administration of IV contrast. Delayed imaging was obtained of the kidneys and bladder. DOSE REDUCTION TECHNIQUE: Adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction (ASIR) was used for the procedure.there wasn't a option for a pulmonologist spelled correctly I hope
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what does this mean - I have pulmonary fibrosis?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are we still connected?

Yes, hang on.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks

You have not typed in the scan report.

Yes, fibrosis means scarring.

It can be from any number of causes.

If it is extensive, then biopsy would be needed to help identify the cause.

OK, let me know if you have further questions.

If you have the radiologists report on scan findings in detail that would be helpful.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with JustAnswer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dr, Russ
This is all I received after being discharged for my gall bladder removal. No one said anything about it in the hospital and I just recently got the data from the hospital. The complete report is:
Comments: FINAL REPORT Interpreted by: RICHARD S SAMUELS CT ABD AND PELVIS W/CONT Signs & Symptoms: Abdomen Pain, EPIGASTRIC REGION CONTINUOUSTODAY FOR AFTER INGE Acc #:(###) ###-####Exam Completed: 05/23/2017 05*****ABDOMEN AND PELVIS WITH IV CONTRAST 5/23/2017 5:45 PM: HISTORY: Abdomen Pain, EPIGASTRIC REGION CONTINUOUSTODAY FOR AFTER INGESTING BP MEDICATION TECHNIQUE: A helical scan was obtained of the abdomen and pelvis during the bolus administration of IV contrast. Delayed imaging was obtained of the kidneys and bladder. DOSE REDUCTION TECHNIQUE: Adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction (ASIR) was used for the procedure. FINDINGS: Comparison CT 5/26/2016
No focal hepatic lesions seen.
There is least one calcified gallstone.
There is Test Result Range gallbladder distention without definite surrounding inflammatory change.
There is minimal biliary prominence.
The spleen, adrenals, pancreas appear negative.
Kidneys demonstrate normal enhancement and no hydronephrosis.
There is a 10 mm hypodensity of the right inferior kidney, too small to characterize but statistically most likely a small cyst. This finding demonstrates no significant change compared to the prior study.
No obstructing urinary calculus identified.
Evidence of prior appendectomy.
There are a few mildly enlarged right lower quadrant mesenteric lymph nodes of uncertain significance.
Limited assessment of the bowel due to the lack of oral contrast. No evidence for bowel obstruction or abscess.
No ascites.
Extensive sigmoid diverticulosis without evidence of acute diverticulitis.
The appearance suggests a probably fibrosis type pattern.
No acute bone findings identifiedIMPRESSION:
1. At least one calcified gallstone noted. There is gallbladder distention without definite acute surrounding inflammatory changes. Early acute cholecystitis is not excluded. Recommend right upper quadrant ultrasound
2. Minimal intrahepatic biliary prominence. Correlate with liver function tests to exclude evidence of early biliary obstruction
3. Status post appendectomy. There are are a few mildly enlarged right lower quadrant lymph nodes of uncertain significance. Favor benign chronic reactive adenopathy. Recommend elective colonoscopy to exclude an occult mass.
4. Probable chronic interstitial lung disease similar to the prior study
4. No hydro nephrosis Finalized: 05/23/2017 05:54 PM by:RICHARD S SAMUELS
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I queried my surgeon who did the gall bladder removal he said something to the effect of wait and see what happens, which see abit strange to me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My cell phone is acting up or I would call you - sorry for the inconvenience
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess my question is what do I do next? Just wait and see or???

Yes, interstitial lung disease means fibrosis in most cases.

You need to see a pulmonologist, probably have a high resolution CT of the lungs, and make sure this is not progressive disease and that you don't need a biopsy.

OK, please click a 5 rating on the scale so I don't have to worry about just answer. I am here for follow up.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you Doctor Russ

you are welcome anytime, any questions.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician