Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

In 2010 I was diagnosed with stage 2, gleason 6 prostate

Customer Question
cancer for which I received...
In 2010 I was diagnosed with stage 2, gleason 6 prostate cancer for which I received CAT scan specific radiation therapy for nine weeks. Most part my PSA levels have remained around 0.9 since then until recently. They have consistently been in the 1.4 to 1.65 range over the last six months. My urologist ordered an MRI which indicated one very suspect lesion on the left side of the prostate and an area of the right side that was suspect, but due to shrinkage of the prostate itself on that side it was not clear. He is scheduling a fusion biopsy in December it was just postponed from Nov 16. I am frustrated by the delay and wonder if I should seek another opinion or can I just ask about the regular biopsy that I had the last time. I understand the fusion biopsy is the latest and greatest, but another month wait is challenging.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am also HIV Positive. My T cell count has come up from 160 to over 600 in the last 10 years and my viral load is undetectable.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

just click send to reply

Family Physician, Doctor