Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been getting physical therapy for about 6 mos. now

per my pain management Clinician's...
I have been getting physical therapy for about 6 mos. now per my pain management Clinician's suggestion.
Like once before, today, they will give me a tablet where I will have to answer questions about my pain level and progress. P. Therapy has helped very much, I'm scared if I indicate that I'm having pain today they may assess that they're not helping and release me or discharge me.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/2/2017

Hello Laura I'm Dr Chip

What kind of pain are you having now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The same as what I came in for, but I've improved, I have shoulder ,neck pain, scalp nerve pain, and headache...from a collision.

Well, there's no need to worry Laura

Just because your pain may have suddenly worsened wouldn't mean that they'd discharge you from physical therapy--they'd just modify the treatment for now to accommodate the pain

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thank you. I will be honest about my level today. One more thing, For past two visits I got the new pt in the office who didnt know me, of course. After each of her visits, i have been unable to use my neck or turn it, and it was spasmed , sore, stiff, & no mobility. I got an appt. in a different time frame which got me one of my orig. PTs. When she asks how My neck etc is, Im not sure how to tell her with out pointing finger at a co worker's results.
That will be all , thanks

Just be honest and tell her all about your pain--there's no problem in doing that

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor