Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My dr. prescribed dymista for my bronchitis, but reading

Customer Question
about it online I'm not...
my dr. prescribed dymista for my bronchitis, but reading about it online I'm not sure why...as it reported a side effect of caugh
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: a week. heavy, painful cough, no head cold though. he ruled out pneumonia
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
11/1/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 1 month ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Is that a nasal spray he prescribed?

Did he also give you a course of antibiotics?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. Claim is that it is viral. Got syrup promethazine w codeine and Benzonatate pills plus an inhaler

Well dymista is for allergic rhinitis--runny nose

Cough would be a rare side effect of that medication

So I really don't know why he prescribed it for you but I don't think, if you use it, it will make your cough worse

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor