Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a large bruise on my left inner thigh and a bit of a

Hi- I have a large...
Hi- I have a large bruise on my left inner thigh and a bit of a swollen vagina with some mild bleeding after sex last night. I was wondering if I should go into the doctor today or give it a few days to go away?
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Just since last night- no recent injuries. I think it was just from rough sex
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have lupus and am on prednisone so I bruise easily
11/1/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Do you have severe vaginal itching?

Do you have burning urination?

Was it a rough sex?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was rough sex but I have no other symptoms other than my pelvic bone being a little sore to the touch. No pain other than that even

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, it is possible that you had a vigorous sex. This can cause small cuts or scrapes to the vagina, and may result in bleeding and swelling.

If this is only mild bleeding and it has stopped now, than I would not be worried.

In case, bleeding is heavy, than It should be checked right away.

You can wait for next few days, and it would get resolve by its own.

Avoid sex, for next few days.

You can use vaginal moisturizers , it can help. They increase moisture and help to restore the natural acidity of the vagina.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you! How long should I expect the bruise to take to heal?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will make sure to leave a positive review!

You can wait for 4-5 days.

Most likely by this time, it would get resolve.

God bless you and take care.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor