Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have numerous bruise spots on my stomach and lower limbs.

Customer Question
The outside of the bruise...
I have numerous bruise spots on my stomach and lower limbs. The outside of the bruise is a circle and the inside feels like a rash and is very, very itchy. The only thing that helps in taking Benadryl which slows down the itching a litte.. Could this be ringworms? I have no pets.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: It started happening after I fell and got carpet burn on by legs and feet and was diagnosed with cellulitus. I had to rub lots of antiobiotic cream on both legs. It was called SSD. But after legs cleared up then the bruises started. It is scaring me. I cannot seem to get any interest from local doctor.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, these two problems have occurred during the past 3 months and I just feel awful. My lower back hurts when I am up very long. I cannot lift anything heavy. I just want the bruises and itchy skin to stop and go away.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
11/1/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about your rash.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

benadryl helps decrease itching from allergies or inflammation on your skin.

bad anxiety can cause bad itching skin.

high thyroid hormones can cause bad itchy skin

can you upload a photo of your skin? do you see the "add file" link?

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician