Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Had cortisone shot I. IN TENDO. IN TENDON. PSOAS. MUSCLE…

Had cortisone shot I ...

Had cortisone shot I

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

IN TENDO. IN TENDON. PSOAS. MUSCLE YESTERDAY. HAD THR A YEAR AGO. SHOT SHOGHT IS SORE HOW LONG WILL THAT LAST ?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Had cortisone shot yesterday and I feel sore

10/28/2017
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

The sore area should not last longer than 24 to 48 hours.

It should also be getting better during that time.

If you have any pain after 3 days, call the injecting doctor.

If there is any spreading redness and swelling, call your doctor.

If pain increases repeatedly, go to urgent care.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with JustAnswer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Thanks. Should I walk mire than words minutes
Walk 10 minutes.

You should not walk any more than your doctor recommended.