Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently found a big black spot on one of my tonsils,

Hi, I recently found a...
Hi, I recently found a big black spot on one of my tonsils, accompanied by headache and body fatigue. I thought it might be strep, but I'm also afraid it could be hiv. Thoughts?
10/24/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you please attach photo of the affected area here?

Here it is

This looks like a tonsillar abscess with severe tonsillitis and the cause is usually bacterial . You need to see a doctor for this as you would need antibiotics for this. I would recommend you to see your doctor as soon as possible so that you can start antibiotics and to avoid complications.

Hope this helps.
​Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor