Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I also have a bony protrusion in the back of my throat right…

I also have a bony...
I also have a bony protrusion in the back of my throat right behind my uvula. My ent thought it was a cysts went to do day surgery to remove it came out of surgery and it was still there, went to visit him 4 weeks later and he said he did not remove it because it is my cervical spinal cord??? why he would not know this before putting me under I do not know.. Any ways my question is he said this can be normal for thin people and not to worry , but I am in ALOT of pain in my throat the past year they can not figure out. Is is normal to see your spine in the back of your throat. Im only 32 but do have a history of bone spurs having to be removed other places.
10/24/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?

added picture and circled it

no that isn't typical

where is your pain?

my whole throat . I've felt like a strep throat and ear infection for a year now with 1 lymph node swollen for 1 year too.and they can't figure out why. and my migraines went to daily with this pressure in my throat/ head.

it could be a form of migraine doing it

what meds are you on now?

topirmate daily
rizatriptan prn
cambia prn

what is cambia?

what about OTC meds?

Cambia (diclofenac) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.its a powder I mix in water if I do get a migraine.on no otc besides advil here and there

Ok good

what dose of topamax?

100mg

once a day?

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
50 in the morning and 50 at night

Ok good

I would consider increasing that dose

have you considered the throat pain could be migraine related?

have you had MRI of the brain and c spine?

mri of brain and throat not sure if that bump would show up on that.
yes my throat does get worse with a migraine!

Ok that makes sense

I think you might be having an esophageal/laryngeal spasm from migraine

the tissue is connected

I would try something that helps prevent both DES and migraine like verapamil

I bet that helps

I'll ask.if that is my spine what specialist should I be seeing a ent or neurologist?

Neuro

okay thank you!!!

welcome :)

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor