Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Swelling in these two areas that I am linking pictures for.

The swelling just came on...
Swelling in these two areas that I am linking pictures for. The swelling just came on today and is mildly painful. What can this be?
10/23/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

ok

Is it warm, tender, red?

Any specific area of inflammation, boil, skin infection?

The red area in in between the anus and my testicles (i dont know what that area is called). My groin is also swollen on the left side as you can see from the picture. And my left groin area hurts.

These areas are the draining lymph nodes so are swollen.

You need a course of antibiotic for the read area in between the anus and testes. This is likely to be folliculitis or perianal abscess developing. This is also causing the swollen lymph nodes. You may consider going to an urgent care clinic for immediate prescription of antibiotic.

Meanwhile application of Neosporin cream, Ibuprofen (Motrin) and ice compresses would help you.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Hi would this also explain the general pain in the left groin? Also Can this be some type of STD? And how urgent is it that I go to an urgent care center? I cannot go for another 2 days

This does not indicate a STD.

This area is prone to infection.

Ideally you should get the antibiotic early as this can cause a complication of forming fistula in anus or rectum (which is draining of the pus inside this body cavity).

It is privilege assisting you.

would this cause general pain in the left groin area? Does this look more like a perianal abscess ?

Yes this can cause general pain left groin.

This is not yet perianal abscess, but may be developing one.

Thus the antibiotics.

Will it go away on its own without antibiotics or no?
Also, can any serious health conditions be ruled out here? like Cancer or others?

There is no serious condition.

Antibiotics are almost always needed.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

I will give you a five star rating for sure! Last question.... Can I just go to my general doctor or should I go to an urgent care center?

Thanks.

Ideal would be to go to an urgent care; as your can start antibiotic today.

If your can get hold of your primary care physician tomorrow in the morning, you may do that. Do not delay beyond tomorrow.

Ok thank you. Five star review going your way and I will mark you as a favorite. Thanks for the clear answers Dr. Arun Phophalia!

You are most welcome.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thank you.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor