Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am on my 4th day of changing my anti depressants. My body…

I am on my...

I am on my 4th day of changing my anti depressants. My body wakes up every morning about 5am with my heart racing and then I take anti anxiety tablet and feel a little better through the day. At night I feel good as well but the it starts all over again the next morning. It this normal? Also I’m taking my antidepressants at night would it be better if u took them in the morning?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Mayb the last month but I have only just started changing my meds the last 5 days

10/22/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what meds are you taking?

I was on Prestiq and now going onto Zoloft
No phone

how did you wean off pristiq?

I was on 100 Pristiq and my doctor put me down to 50 Pristiq and 50 Zoloft for one week it has been five days so far

I think that is too fast

pristiq causes a lot of withdrawal

you have to go slower down on it

What would be ur advice
Is that y I’m getting my anxiety in the morning? Should I take my antidepressants in morning instead of night?
Also I have had Diarrhoea and have lost 8 kg

No I don't think taking them in the AM would help

I would ask to go up to 75 mg on pristiq

Is losing weight And diarrhoea normal for anxiety and depression

yes that is normal

What is ur professional opinion in when I would star feeling better and do I think I the Zoloft will be better for me. I have been on the prestiq for 6 years
I feel like the Pristiq has just plateaued now

I think the change is a good idea

You just need to go off pristiq more slowly

the withdrawal is horrendous

give the zoloft 6 weeks

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Also with my morning anxiety what is ur opinion in y it is occurring?
I think it is just the withdrawal from pristiq
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Thankyou doctor you have been amazing and if I could give u a 10 star I would
You said the withdrawal from Pristiq is horrendous. so far it’s been 5 days and it’s more the heart rate pulsing in the morning and feeling flat and tired. I’m incorporating the Zoloft at the same time as weaning off the Pristiq so 50 Pristiq 50 Zoloft and the I think my doc will put me on 100 Zoloft. So do you think I could possibly get worse?

that is the withdrawal

yes it can get worse

it’s gets worse before it gets better
Cause I feel a lot worse atm and I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel