Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Raining last night daughter ran off the road truck jumped a…

Raining last night daughter...

Raining last night daughter ran off the road truck jumped a 3ft culvert when she landed she hit her forehead on the steering wheel broke the steering wheel this happened about 14 hours ago she didn't go to the hospital her forehead is a little swollen and now she's feeling dizzy she says if she's still dizzy tomorrow she will go to doctor but I'm worried it's more serious than she realizes I want to take her now please give me ur opinion so I can show it to her thank you a

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

It looked swollen when she got home this morning at 2 maybe a little more noticeable when she woke him p at 8 And no recent injuries

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No ma'am

10/22/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Even if she hasn't had any other concussion symptoms like a severe headache, nausea, changes in vision or drowsiness, the dizziness alone is a very concerning symptom here

While she may not have a bleed in her brain the chance is there and the longer she waits, if that's the case, the more in danger she is of having a massive stroke or even dying

So please tell her for me that she needs to get to an emergency room now for an exam and an MRI of her brain

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank u I'm showing her this RIGHT NOW

My pleasure and let me know how it goes for her