Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I realized today that there is dark bruising on the back on…

Customer Question
I realized today...

I realized today that there is dark bruising on the back on my leg in the fold of my knee. it appears that there is a big soft cyst. What could this be

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Yes, swelling. There is pain when I sit on my heels with my knees folded.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I know of that could contribute to this

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This is likely to be Baker cyst (also called Mooren Baker cyst).

This is usually age related changes in the joint.

Physical therapy and deep electrotherapy is the treatment.

Please read about it;

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bakers-cyst/basics/definition/con-20023332

The cyst can aspirated also and steroid can be injected to prevent the recurrence.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor