Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Are you there? I went to a bachelor party and had a

Hi Are you there? ...

Hi Are you there?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I went to a bachelor party and had a sexual encounter at a strip club. It was cunnalingus on a female stripper. very worried about an STI or HIV no symptoms, but i have an appt on monday to get tested

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing

10/22/2017
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I have a few more questions to ask, is that ok?

sure that alright
I have no symptoms other than some phlegm and a metallic taste in my mouth. Maybe thats me worrying to much
No sores, no rashes
No previous history of STI that I know of

ok. so if no intercourse, then highly unlikely that you contracted any STD.

However, if you are still concerned, keep the appointment on Monday and the doctor can order an STD panel.

You would want to repeat the panel in 6 weeks.

Does that answer your question?

Am I at Risk for HIV? If so, what is the likelihood I would contract it? What about other STIs? Very concerned.
Kind of. Why would I need to repeat in 6 weeks? For HIV or other STIs?
How likely is HIV?

Its almost impossible to contract HIV from oral sex.

And yes, repeat the HIV test in 6 weeks to ensure it stays negative.

Does that make sense?

it does. What STIs am I more likely to get from this encounter?
Last question, I washed my mouth out after the encounter with water. would that help?
Thank you again for your input.

Human Papilloma virus (HPV) can be transmitted via oral sex.

Rinsing your mouth would reduce viral load and transmission.

You’re welcome and glad to be able to help you today!

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
thanks!