Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a laser burn ,would I use cortisone cream to prevent…

I have a laser...

I have a laser burn ,would I use cortisone cream to prevent scaring?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No ,Lovan 20

10/22/2017
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I have a few more questions to ask, is that ok?

where is the burn and when did it happen?

Thursday I had laser to remove some freckles and now I have red like burn marks .I'm using a recovery cream they supplied for me however I was wondering if cortisone cream would be better.

are the freckles on your face, arms or body?
can you tell me what the ingredients are in the recovery cream?

Its on my back and the cream is ultraceuticals face and body recovery cream with soy and DNA complex.

I would continue to use the recovery cream for now. a steroid cream may thin the skin or delay healing.

Typically it takes 2 weeks for the skin to heal from laser treatment.

Does that help answer your question?

Thank you I feel better now.

You’re welcome and glad to be able to help you today!

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD