Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have lately suffered with extreme fatigue and severe pain

(constant) just above my right...
I have lately suffered with extreme fatigue and severe pain (constant) just above my right hip. I also have red blood every bowel movement regardless of the consistency of the stool. (Usually very loose)
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I was fine besides the general over all pain that remains undiagnosed
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have type 2 diabetes, overactive thyroid, and high blood pressure, all are medicated. I also take mental health medications prescribed by a psychiatrist
10/21/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If you are bleeding from the rectum, this might be hemorrhoids and the blood loss could be causing anemia (low level of red blood cells). Iron deficiency can result from this type of chronic blood loss. Iron deficiency and anemia can result in fatigue. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your PCP and have this evaluated.

A full blood count test is warranted.

Hope this helps.
​Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Thank you for your response however that does not explain the pain. Can you give me any idea what maybe causing it?

Pleasure to assist.

It is not necessary that the pain is related to the fatigue and all the other symptoms. The pain could be due to hip arthritis or a muscle spasm that is unrelated to all the other things that are going on. That is why a physical examination is required.

Take good care.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor