Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question a few months ago I gave a male a for 15…

Hello doc I have a...
Hello doc I have a question a few months ago I gave a male a handjob for 15 seconds with lube no semen landed on my hands no did we have sex my question is that I had a cut no deep womb nor was my cut bleeding nor did I touch his penis head my question is I don't know the person hiv status can hiv transmit this way if the person pre cum touched my cut I don't even know if pre cum did touch my cut do to the fact there was lube plz I am worried
10/21/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, this is not how HIV will transmit. This seems too trivial a contact. Rest assured. You are safe.

Hope this helps.
​Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
May I ask why transmission may not occur ?

Sure, transmission needs an inoculum of the viral load to be able to enter the blood stream. You mention not having any contact with semen and your cut was not a fresh one. So, there will be no transmission.

What if I came in contact with the males precum

Like I mentioned, there should be enough viral load which is not there in precum. The pathology is complex to understand and it is beyond the scope of this discussion. But I can assure you, HIV does not transmit with these trivial contacts.

you saying I'm okay there is no way hiv can transmit this way

Yes, that is correct.

Doc the cut was like a slice on the side of the nail I poured alcohol on the cut but didn't feel any burn so the cut must of heeled right

You are too anxious about this. Relax. There is nothing to worry about here.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor