Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Past 1 year, having chest pain, crushing goes through to

Hi. Past 1 year, having...
Hi. Past 1 year, having chest pain, crushing goes through to back, pain in left shoulder blade, upper right abdominal pain, and SOB. This pain and SOB gets worse in 7-10 leading into menstruation, peaking at day before. Lessening by day 4. I failed first stress test, 1.5mm horizontal, downsloping ST segment depression lasting 1 min into rest.stress echo was fine. CT scan unremarkable except pleural effusions were present. No one seems to think any of this means anything.. only guess that's been given is endometriosis?! Im so tired of trying to figure this out, but, pretty sure this might take me out first. Really need an "outside of the box opinion" so I know what to do next, if this is nothing could anxiety do all this, or endometriosis? I'm lost. History of Misdiagnosed Lyme and currently treated for high blood pressure. Thanks SO much.
10/20/2017
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

What is the cause of the pleural effusions? Are they on both sides?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No idea. It just states that pleural effusions were present. I checked to make sure they didn't mean were not present, but they were. No further details given.

did they give a size?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, it was very vague. At the end of the report they were basically saying everything was fine otherwise.

Have you tried to take birth control for 3 months straight to avoid menstruation?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not tried that recently, but in the past have pretty bad reaction to birth control ..

What type of reaction and what type of birth control?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Reaction was as in, it's as if my blood more ready to clot .. i can feel Like increase chest pain, arm pain, headaches,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know people say you can't feel it necessarily, but pretty sure I can. Def would be throwing clots on birth control. I would bet money on it, lol.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I say the pain is bad that day before I'm literally trying to stay away from the ER. And each time I'm not sure if I'll make it. That bad. Like should I consider going there then? Because, ER is useless when it comes to mysteries. And I'm too familiar with being a mystery. I went ten years undiagnosed with Lyme , a service like this could have saved me years of my life back then

I see. You don't want that to happen.

You should try Depo–Provera which only contains progesterone.

It is an injection that is given once every 3 months.

Depo Provera is thought to help suppress the growth of endometrial tissue and may also reduce endometriosis-induced inflammation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, if you think it could Possibly help, I'll def talk to my ob When I see her. Can endometriosis do all this? With the pain and all?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've never been diagnosed with endometriosis, just some cysts have shown up for a while

Yes, you can get endometrial tissue anywhere. Pain usually starts at the beginning of the cycle like you describe.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hmm. And If it's that I don't actually have to worry about it killing me, like it feels? Because that would def be a relief!

No, it may feel like that, but it can not kill you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sweet! .. I'll def give that option a shot and hope for the best. I have nothing to lose at this point. I just want my life back. And as for the stress test, the first one doesn't matter if the second one was fine?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
because I felt the similar pain during the stress test and it was about the worst time during the cycle

If I were you, I would have another stress test with a different cardiologist. Heart ischemia can kill you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the pleural effusions? They are nothing to worry about because they didn't specify further information? I just want to be thorough
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can sleep at night. I have two little ones to live for :-)

I would get a chest xray 3 months after that CT scan results to see if the pleural effusions have changed. I wonder if the effusions are from endometrial tissue

I hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any additional questions.
We only get credit for positive feedback on customers we help.
Please take a moment to rate my services by sending 5 stars above.
You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Dr. Scott, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's what he seemed to think could happen. That it could go to my chest. I did have a gallbladder taken out and 2 csections. I sometimes wonder about adhesions at least with the upper abdominal pain. Thanks so much! I appreciate you. Will be sure to send five stars.��
Dr. Scott, Doctor