Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My GGt was 316, my AsT was 141 and my other was 88. How bad…

My GGt was 316, my...
My GGt was 316, my AsT was 141 and my other was 88. How bad is this? Will my numbers adjust if I abstain completely from alcohol?
10/19/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

This is not too bad

I have seen much much worse

how much do you drink?

Too much. I would have 7-8/ night. When I saw the results and started doing research I started to get nervous.
When I got the results I stopped. But that’s only been 2 days.

They will reverse completely in a month most likely

you will be fine

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Should I give it a month and then get retested? Is there a liver cleanse or something that may help aid in this? I know going into the Dr is the best, ***** ***** want to have a little more background to be prepared for answers I may get.
Thanks

Yes, give it a month

There is nothing needed to cleanse the liver. It is very capable of healing itself. Just stop punishing it!

Man, Doc. I sure hope you are right on, on this one. Hopefully I mean it when I say this little info has scared me straight and sober!Thanks.

you will be fine

I'm sure of it

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor