Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

EXTREME ITCHING!! KINDLY RESPOND ASAP!! I have EXTREME OUT

EXTREME ITCHING!! KINDLY RESPOND ASAP!...
EXTREME ITCHING!! KINDLY RESPOND ASAP!! Hello, I have EXTREME OUT OF CONTROL ITCHING that comes and goes. I have it mostly on upper back, hips, front of belly. NO ointment or cream or anything seems to help. It comes and goes. I cannot see a specialist in another city (the closest one) for several days. I shower once twice daily. My wife uses only additive free and fragrence free soap. I have NO rash. No pimples. No new medications. I had this months ago and it just went away. My MD gave me a drug called HYDROXYZINE 25MG. It did and does nothing. What can take or do immediately?? I NEED SOMETHING because this is unbelievably distressing. I cannot sleep or work....just must exist until the spell goes away or diminishes. I have heard that an antihistimine can help. I have and can get more alergy medicine. Which one should I look for primary drug ingredient wise that MIGHT help? It is 3am here now and I am ready to go to Walmart to get whatever you recommend. It is DRIVING ME CRAZY it is sooooo intense. Please assist me. I will call my family doctor first thing in the morning but need help NOW Doctor.
10/17/2017
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

At present, you should have an oatmeal bath. You can buy Aveeno Active Naturals Soothing Bath Treatment in Walmart to prepare an oatmeal bath. After the bath, you should immediately use moisturizer on the skin. This will help relieve the itching.

Later you can consult a skin specialist for further investigations and management of your generalized itching.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
specifically what is an oatmeal bath??? Can you find a link that details exactly what you want me to do so I don't waste my time on the wrong thing. I will rate 5 stars after I get your reply.

Dear customer,

Sorry, I just noticed your reply now.

Please refer the below link:

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Oatmeal-Bath

Take care.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor