Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been taken off my plavix to have dental work done on…

I have been taken...

I have been taken off my plavix to have dental work done on Thursday. This is the second time being taken off the medication within the last four weeks. I

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I am off the medication for five days. Anyway I have been having chest pains and indigestion. Should immediately get back on my plavix ?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a stint inserted in my left artery a year ago. I'm take medications for: high blood pressure, thyroid and some supplements.

10/17/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Yes, you should be back on the Plavix immediately.

Also an EKG would be advised for the chest pain.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor