Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I just wanted to ask about my situation. My fiancee and i

Good day . I just...
Good day . I just wanted to ask about my situation. My fiancee and i are very open minded when its about sex. He had sex there and i had sex here unfortunately i got pregnant. And i had an abortion but my fiancee knows about it. In my medical exam should i tell them about it? It was only 2 weeks ago and i will have my medical in 2 week. So can abortion can denied my visa? Thank you for all the help
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2017
Dr. Huynh
Dr. Huynh, Board Certified Physician

Good morning, I'm Dr. Huynh, a board certified physician. I would be happy to discuss your concern today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have my k1 visa just got approve in USA. And i had an abortion 2 weeks ago. I have my medical exam coming in 2 weeks ahould i lie about it?

Which country are you travelling from? Is your medical exam in this country or the USA?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My country is phillipines

A medical exam for traveling from another country is to ensure there are no communicable diseases such as measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, hepatitis b, tuberculosis and others. Having an abortion is not considered a communicable disease.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The abortion is illegal here . Should i tell them the truth that i has abortion 2 weeks ago because i know theyll find out about it.

It is important to disclose information on your health record. If they test for pregnancy then it's possible the test will come up positive but unlikely after 4 weeks total. Because your question appears to be a legal matter, would you like me to request the moderator to change the category?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If i told them that i had an abortion will my interviww would be affected?

I would be happy to answer a medical question for you. Since this is a legal question, I will ask the moderator to change your category.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I used medical abortion. How long should i wait till my medical for my pregnancy to be negative?

Just wanted to update you that the request was submitted. How many weeks were you before you terminated the pregnancy?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was 2 weeks ago
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could they tell that i had an abortion if my pregnancy test says negative. I have 2 years old son btw

Let me rephrase the question. I meant, how far along was the pregnancy before you had an abortion?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was almost 7 months

It could take up to 6 weeks for HcG levels to be undetectable.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate me a 5 or let me know how I can improve. Good luck with your visa!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could they tell if it was an abortion or miscarriage?

It might depend - did you take medications to abort or did you have a surgical procedure?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It wasa medical abortion

In that case, it is unlikely for them to know whether you had an elective abortion or a miscarriage.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If they ask about it and deny my abortion or miscarriage would they know about it in my medical exam here in philippines?

It's unlikely for them to know you were pregnant unless you test positive for pregnancy or they do an ultrasound. After about 4-6 weeks from an abortion, miscarriage, or childbirth, the body returns to it's previous state of non-pregnancy.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could they tell that i had 7 months abortion from my physical examintaion? Like they are juat looking at my vagina? Could they tell about it?

No, it they just look at the vagina, they would not be able to tell you had an abortion.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its me againm coukd someone smoke if she is on medical abortion process?

What kind of smoking? Cigarettes, Marijuana, or something else?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh sorry. Its only cigarette

Since you already had the abortion, cigarette smoking would no longer be harmful to the fetus.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It wasnt for me. It is for someone i know doing the abortion now. She use to smoke then now she ia currentlt doing the abortion? Can she smoke?

Thank you for the info. I would like to help but your new question is separate from your original question. If you'd like to work with me further, please provide a rating. Otherwise, please submit a new question request for an expert to review with you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well i smoke too when i did thw processing thats why i waa thinking to ask you about this if smoke while on medical process can do so i dont get f**k up in my medical.

Yes, that is a new question. If you'd like to work with me further, please provide a rating, and I will provide an answer here. Otherwise, please submit a new question request for an expert to review with you.

Dr. Huynh
Dr. Huynh, Board Certified Physician
Dr. Huynh
Dr. Huynh
Dr. Huynh, Board Certified Physician