Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a burning sensation in the anus area and my fingers…

Customer Question
I have a burning...

I have a burning sensation in the anus area and my fingers tingle and metallic taste in my mouth, I was on antibiotics for 2 months for proctatis and that was well over a month ago. I had a full blood work done and results were good. fatigued and frustrated and not improving

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
10/14/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

It sounds like a fungal infection

has this been tested?

no

I would try an antifungal cream to the affected area.

It might be a systemic infection though in which oral fluconazole is needed.

is this helpful?

how is that done

They can do a fungal swab of the rectal area

are th?e anti fungal cream and oral fluconazole over the counter meds ? what about my other symtoms ?

anti fungal cream is. Yes

the other symptoms could be a system wide infection

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor