Thank you very much for the photo sent.
Thank you very much for the photo you have sent.
I can understand how you may be feeling at the moment.
I would suggest the following:
1. It definitely needs cleansing with anti septic lotion .
2. Once the area heals and is cleaned well , It may need to be checked for the level of breakage in the nail . Decision can be done whether to tape it up or remove it out.
3. You can take Oral paracetamol to reduce the pain , inflammation and swelling. You can take it twice a day for 5 days making sure you take something for acidity which can happen secondary to pain killer medications.
4. Put some cold compresses on the area with a clean towel. You can tape it for a week and then decide about whether removal would be required or not.
5. Do not use Dettol or Spirit on the area.
Please do let me know if you have any further queries.