Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just asked this question and received some reassurance,

but I realize I was...
I just asked this question and received some reassurance, but I realize I was incorrect in giving the doctor the correct location of the issue. It is regarding a bump on the side of the vagina. I mistakenly thought it was the perineal. I had this more than two years ago at least, but it was very small and even seemed to escape my grasp at times. I forgot about it, but now, a few days ago, I notice it is about the size of a pea and firm. It is smooth and roundish. No bleeding. There is no pain or any discomfort whatsoever. It is just there. The doctor (not online now, so I can't clarify with him at this time) thought it was a just a cyst. I am worried that he said this because I gave him the wrong location of the bump. I am in excellent health except for bad health anxiety, and I dread seeing a doctor. Do you agree with the other doctor even though the location is different than I thought? I am 66.
10/13/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture of it?

Thank you, ***** ***** It is good to see you. You have helped me in the past.

good to see you too Joan!

I can take one, I guess.

that would be definitive

I know it is strange online but I could probably tell for sure what it is

Ok.

you can email it too

I hope it is clear enough.

I totally agree.

this is a cyst

I would get it checked to be sure but I'm 99% sure it is a cyst

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thank you, ***** ***** Would it be bad if I didn't get it checked? I have a dread of going to doctors. Also, I can lift it between my fingers so, except for where it meets the area toward the thigh. Is it possible it will go away with warm compresses?

very unlikely it would be bad

I am just recommending that to confirm

it might go away

yes

warm compress is a good idea

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Thank you.