Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a bruise on my forearm that appeared spontaneously.

This is not uncommon because...
I have a bruise on my forearm that appeared spontaneously. This is not uncommon because I am on Coumadin, but this one has a painful nodule under it that you can feel when you touch it. My nurse came today and said to watch it in case it could be a blood clot. Do you think that is possible? It is not red or warm, but it is painful to the touch.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/11/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Here you go...

Got it--thanks

How long have you had it?

A couple days I think, although I am not positive. The nurse saw me yesterday and thought it looked worse today. I am not sure about that. It doesn't move and she said it feels bouncy or spongy (something like that). Touching it hurts. I have no idea how it got there.

OK

Not a clot problem here--just a hematoma--a pool of blood under the skin along with the bruise

That's nothing serious and it will resorb in about a week

Please let me know if you need any more information

Perfect! I didn't think it was, but wanted to check since I have had a couple and didn't know they were there.

My pleasure to help and call on me anytime