Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I'm nervous that I have an overactive thyroid but I'm not

I'm nervous that I have...
I'm nervous that I have an overactive thyroid but I'm not 100% can someone give me some insight on it
10/11/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What is your age and gender?

And please go ahead, what do you want to ask about your thyroid, what are your symptoms?

Let me know.

I'm a 32 male. The only thing that I've noticed is that my weight shifts and I can lose weight easily after a night of sleeping. The other night I went from 216 to 212 over night. It just concerns me. I have been a lot more and weight has stated around the same
Eating a lot more*

Loosing weight over night like that is not due to thyroid over activity. It is most likely due to water retention. Or an erroneous reading.

An over active thyroid presents with increased appetite, weight loss over a period of months, palpitations, anxiety, insomnia, dry brittle skin, hair fall etc.

If you are still concerned and want to rule thyroid over activity out, it will be best to get your TSH test done, it is a blood test and your PCP can order it for you.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Ok I have a question. I weighed 213 at 7 pm tonight. I ate a good size later dinner at like 8:30. I just stepped on the scale right now and I still weigh 213. What gives?

Eating food does not increase your weight to a large extent.

Then I don't know why my anxiety won't stop. I'm anxious 24/7.

You might need an anxiolytic medication for this.

What is that?
I do get anxiety but not non stop thats why I thought it might an overactive thyroid because it's not stopping.
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor