Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I'm 32 years old feamale.I had hypothyroidism Hashimoto

Hi I'm 32 years old...
Hi I'm 32 years old feamale.I had hypothyroidism Hashimoto autoimmune disease for 17 years. I was on synthroid,for the past year I was taking 100mg to 120mg. I'm now 8 months postpartum,not feeling well. Blood work shows my tsh now is 0.03,thyroxine Ft4 is 1.1,triopothyronine is 0.93,tsh receptor ab trab is 4.22. I also had uptake scan demonstrating homogeneous symmetric radiotracer activity in both lobes.The 24 hour I-123 uptake is 36.3%. What treatment is best for me now? How can I stop Graves' disease from progresing any father?does this mean I'll have Graves diseas for the rest off my life?
10/9/2017
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Are you on synthroid?

What dose>

I stoped 2 weeks ago

And why do you think you have graves disease?

Endocrinologist that I saw sended me the results saying that the antibodies are high and tsh low it indicates Graves' disease

It can also indicate too high a dose of synthroid.

What treatment did he recommend?

Haven't seen him yet
He reduced the synthroid does 2 month ago to 50mg
0.05mg

It is not likely you have graves or he would have recommended a specific treatment.

Methimazole is the medication.

The other alternative is radioactive iodine ablation.

You need to clarify what the plan is with this doctor.

Right now, you could repeat a TSH in 6 weeks.

If it is back in the normal range, it is not likely you need treatment for graves.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician