Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Over the past week I have felt very fatigued, weak and

Customer Question
Over the past week...

Over the past week I have felt very fatigued, weak and shakey. I happened to notice one day that when going to the bathroom that my urine actually sank to bottom of the toilet. Concerned with diabetes with my prevalent family history I purchased a glucose monitor. It test plasma and. It whole blood. My average for the past week is 98 but have had 16% of those reading in the hypo region. Although this is probably totally unrelated, I started having a pain on the right side of my sternum that feels like it radiate directly to my back in the same area.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Coming from an upright position after bending over is when I feel it the most. My main concern is the weakness and shakiness I have experience for several day in a row. I'm only 25.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've had EKG, echo, and halte monitor and sleep study which all came back normal other than a "slight" premature contraction occasionally.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/9/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Have you had your thyroid tested? Or your cortisone levels checked?

Have you had a full blood count done?

Let me know.

My thyroid has been checked several times and always normal but I have it had a resent blood count done.

If your thyroid and all the other tests that you mentioned having done are okay then you should have a full blood count done to rule out anemia, vitamin B levels checked to rule out vitamin B deficiency, an electrolyte panel done to rule out electrolyte imbalance and also your cortisone levels done to rule out adrenal insufficiency. These are some of the common conditions in your age group that can cause the set of symptoms you are experiencing.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.