Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm 74 & I have started spotting sometimes what could it be,

Customer Question
I'm 74 & I...

I'm 74 & I have started spotting sometimes what could it be

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No it just started yesterday if it get worst I'm going 2 Eric 2morrow have had any new meds

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Not now blood pressure cholesterol thyroid a sleeping bills

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of having done anything that would cause this

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/7/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated pain abdomen?

Burning sensation and pain during urination?

Vaginal itching?

Is spotting recurrent?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

No burning while urinaction just feels kinda uncomfortable not hurting all here feel pretty good other wize

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,postmenopausal bleeding needs to be evaluated as it can be a sign of endometrial cancer.
However, there are other possible causes that are not cancer-related.
The most common cause of post-menopausal bleeding is atrophy, or thinning of the lining of the uterus due to a loss of estrogen. The thinning of the lining leads to erosions and inflammation of the lining and causes light bleeding or spotting.

Other causes include polyps, hyperplasia (overgrowth of the lining), and rarely cervical bleeding due to cervical polyps or other cervical lesions.

You should see your ob/gyn and undergo an ultrasound of the pelvis (uterus) and possibly an endometrial biopsy for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.