Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife has restless leg syndrome. Her doctor proposes using…

Customer Question
My wife has restless...

My wife has restless leg syndrome. Her doctor proposes using Ropinirole HCL ER. Is this a logical choice.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She takes liverthoroxen (Spelling-sorry) for thyroid.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, it is a good choice with one caveat

Many doctors overlook the fact that iron deficiency is linked with restless leg

especially in women

so her iron should be checked too

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/