Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was prescribed Oxcarbazepine 300mg, currently only takin g…

Customer Question
I was prescribed Oxcarbazepine...

I was prescribed Oxcarbazepine 300mg, currently only takin g half and I am suppose to increase to 1 every 12 hours And since I started I have been having problems sleeping, I am tired but can’t sleep

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Lethargy, restlessness, insomnia, headache

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Headache daily

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes I have nausea but have gerd

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

All of your symptoms; lethargy, restlessness, insomnia, headache are due to adverse effects of the Oxcarbazepine. Please read the resource;

https://www.rxlist.com/trileptal-drug.htm

These symptoms occasionally may slowly resolve.

But many times your doctor may need to stop it if these are significant.

You should contact your doctor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I have a anxiety/panic disorder, is this suppose to help it

This is not very helpful in anxiety.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl