Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I want to discontinue taking Bupropion. Can I just stop

Customer Question
I want to discontinue...

I want to discontinue taking Bupropion. Can I just stop taking or do I have to slowly discontinue taking it?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I have not. I am taking Bupropion HCL XL

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Only that my doctor prescribed this medication to help with memory loss when in fact it made it worse

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

None except a vitamin

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/6/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Bupropion (Wellbutrin) is classified as an antidepressant and is usually used to treat depression.

Stopping this medication abruptly can cause withdrawl side effects.

Do not stop using this medication suddenly without first talking to your doctor. You need to taper off this medication.That is you need to use less and less before you stop the medication completely.It depends on your current dosage & duration for which you have taken vicodin.You need to see your doctor who will tell you the systematic decreasing of the dosage of this medication.

The best way to stop Wellbutrin is to taper off usage under the care of a doctor, taking note of any side effects that may occur during the process.

So I advise you to make an appointment with your doctor for the scheduled tapering off of this medication.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh