Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having heavy chest feeling. From past 2 days. I am

Customer Question
I am having heavy...

I am having heavy chest feeling

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

From past 2 days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am feeling most of the symptoms that are in heavy chest feeling

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you tell me apart from the heaviness in the chest do you have sweating? Shortness of breath? pain in the arm or jaw? What is your age and gender?

Hi i am male and my age is 22. I am feeling little bit shivering, short breath, i feel like my blood circulation is not going good and then i am not able to sleep

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

Actually heaviness in the chest always raises suspicion for heart disease and that is why whenever we hear about heavy chest we advise getting ane EKG done, now given your age this is the least likely possibility however it should be excluded nonetheless. There have been instances where we have seen patients who presented with heart disease and were under 25 years of age that is why a EKg should be done. Now given your other symptoms i think the most likely cause here is that you could have developed an infection of the respiratory tract which has tracked down into the lungs. this would explain the shivering, sweating as well as the shortness of breath along with chest heaviness. This can be a viral infection or an atypical bacterial infection which is much more comm0n in the young. A simple clinical examination where we would listen to your chest along with a simple chest xray would yield a diagnosis. once diagnosed you can be treated with antibiotics like z-pack for a period of 5-7 days.

At the moment i would recommend that you start using OTC ibuprofen at a dose of 400 mg thrice daily BUT DO get this evaluated as shortness of breath and chest heaviness ALWAYS warrant a visit to the ER or urgent care center.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

I just want to know how can i sleep well because m not able to sleep flat on my bed? Any suggestions? Any home remedies for now.
i feel like vomiting but not exactly feel to vomit

Elevate the head of the bed by 30 degrees at the minimum, use OTC prilosec at a dose 10 mg twice daily and also use OTC dramamine which would help with the vomiting.

Home remedies can include

Using chamomile tea which can help with possible underlying acid reflux which can cause these symptoms as well as help with the vomiting

Avoiding caffeine and alcohol

Using peppermint oil

fenugreek tea

1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar

But if the symptoms worsen, you should go into the ER, you can try the above remedies to see iuf they can help you

Do you have any more questions?

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.