Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got insect bites red and yellow pus i am scared blood

Customer Question
I got insect bites...

I got insect bites red and yellow pus i am scared blood infection

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

3 days i thought small burn but its not

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Panic attack

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Are you diabetic?

Are you doing any treatment?

i am 43, no diabetes , panic attack treatment
it was a small red rash and then it get watery and then it became red and small womb with yellow pus

You may apply Betadine solution on the insect bites which will resolve the infection. You may also ask a course of antibiotic from your primary care physician.

I an assure you, this is not likely to cause any serious issue.

The best way to deal with panic is a comprehensive approach. It can be treated by the following measures by yourself;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist but there are internet based approach nowadays too. CBT has higher efficacy and lower relapse rates.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root

11) Deep breathing exercises.

A major component of therapy involves understanding and assuring yourself that the symptoms are neither from a serious medical condition nor from a mental deficiency but rather from a chemical imbalance in the fight or flight response. Alprazolam (Xanax) has been widely used for panic disorder, but it is currently discouraged because of its higher dependence potential. Ideally Xanax should be tapered off very gradually in 3-4 weeks time, so a precipitation or rebound panic attack is avoided. CBT helps to understand how automatic thoughts and false beliefs/distortions lead to exaggerated emotional responses, such as panic, and how they can lead to secondary behavioral consequences.Cognitive restructuring involves substituting positive thoughts and getting rid of negative thoughts. Some studies have suggested that high importance to religion and religious practices also improve panic symptoms and prevent recurrences.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

phamarcy gave me neomycin
i think i better go for antibiotics i an scared
i dont know if i am scared i am getting stomach upset every seconds

Neomycin is good and you can apply it.

Please do not worry.

You may take antibiotic.

what type of antibiotic
and also i mention to the doctor online last time i still having feel dizzzy everyday when i walk.
it just comes and goes
are you there
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello. This is Dr. Love. The other expert has opted out.

There are several oral antibiotics that can be used for infected bites, but the most common antibiotic would be cephalexin.

If you are still having vertigo that is persisting for a month, it is appropriate to be seen by an ENT specialist. Most cases of acute vertigo are due to labyrinthitis and will resolve spontaneously, and using symptomatic relief until the spontaneous improvement is appropriate. But if the vertigo persists for a month, then it is appropriate to pursue further evaluation, and the next step would be an assessment by an ENT specialist.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

doctor i have to go to the clinic, my hand were red and feverish, they gave me antibiotics.
i were scared i might get more infections
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I'm glad you saw a doctor and was started on antibiotics.

blood infection is rare and would cause fevers and other symptoms

being on antibitoics will prevent you from having a blood infection

you have an immune system which prevents blood infection as well

you don't have to worry

don't let your anxiety symptoms get out of control with worry here

let me know if you have other questions.