Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was hit with a line drive to my lower shin. The first week…

Customer Question
I was hit with...

I was hit with a line drive to my lower shin. The first week the swelling settled in my ankle. I am at 3 1/2 weeks and it still swells up at the end of the day and throbs. Can i send a picture

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

For about 3 1/2 weeks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Please post a picture here.

How do you post picture

You may do it as following;
1. Click the paperclip icon
2. Click the Browse icon
3. Click the Browse button
4. Select your file and click Open
5. Click OK
6. Click Insert
7. Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

http://screencast.com/t/eHsvtij7WT

This is after i have elevated and iced it.

Thanks. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

This is likely to be hematoma, which is small amount 0f blood collection between the muscle fibers. This may take almost 3 weeks to resolve.

You may do ice compresses twice a day, 5 minutes each time.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Ok it has been three and half weeks already so that is why im curious because it is still swelling at the end of the day

You may get an ultrasound done, which can exactly determine the site (between muscle tissue or fascia) and size. A bigger hematoma may take more time to resolve as it is encapsulated. But anything serious or ominous is highly unlikely.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl