Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Able Espanol. I have colon inflamation, and I take Espabion…

Customer Question
Able Espanol Doctor's Assistant:...

Able Espanol

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have colon inflamation, and I take Espabion trimebutina for about a week. But a don't feel to much relief

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

3 months ago a have urethra cirgury

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/5/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.comThis is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.
I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.
Thank you for your patience.
Answers here are for education and information only.
Are you having any fever or chills?
Any diarrhea or blood in your stool?
No
I have pain and feel like a have to go tha bathroom
I have this for about a week
the cramping is no better with the medication?
Or does the medication work for a little while and then the symptoms come back?
The medication work but the symptom came back
when was the last time you saw your doctor for this problem?
Have you ever had a flexible sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy?
Las Saturday and the medication is Espabion trimebutina tables 200mg and a take every 8 hour
Did the doctor just do an exam or did you have a colonoscopy/sigmoidoscopy done as well?
No exam, only i talk to him about my symptom and he said is secondary efec from my urethra surguiry
If your symptoms are not getting better, I would recommend going back to your doctor and they show re-examine you. It would be unlikely that a surgery 3 months ago would start these symptoms a week ago.
Do you think, a have to see another opion.
I think a second opinion would be helpful. The medication that you are on is to reduce spasm in the intestines. However, it sounds like you only are temporarily better with it and it’s been a week. So it’s important now for your doctor to figure out why you are still having the stomach cramping and pain.Does that make sense?