Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to ask a psychiatrist about my BPD. I feel out…

Customer Question
I would like to ask...
I would like to ask a psychiatrist about my BPD. I feel out of control, substance abuse mainly at the moment. Collapsed with acute kidney damage in May from starvation/anorexia. Replaced destructive behaviour with alcohol abuse from May to July then went to hospital and diagnosed with BPD and depression. Discharged 17th august and prescription drug abuse since Had a grand mall seizure last week from taking Prozac minimum 120mg od since discharge and now 4g modafinil doses which was a huge part to play in my anorexia. Prescribed Prozac dose 60mg od, quietipine 50mg and zopiclone 7.5mg nocte. Like I'm on self destruct mode, married with a baby age 2 and I'm a pharmacist. Feel like I'm spiralling out of control worse than ever. Saw psychiatrist this week but didn't admit continuing high dose Prozac since seizure or modafinil at all.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

any other medical issues?

39 no other medical conditions

How can I help?

just click send to reply

I need to stop my self destructive behaviour, modafinil abuse 4000mg daily but don't know how

why didn't you admit your issue to the psychiatrist?

what about your baby and are you married?

I was too ashamed to admit to psychiatrist and what worries me is I know I have too much to loose and genuinely don't want to

is it that or that you don't want him to cut you off?

how do you get all these pills?

Too ashamed AND didn't want to stop but I really need to now as it's so dangerous, causing Parkinson's symptoms shaky hands poor speech control and very unstable on feet. Is everything I tell you in confidence?

yes of course.

totally anonymous as well

I seriously need to stop but everyday I wake up and start doing the same thing. What is the logical answer as to how?

There is no logical answer.

I would say that first you need to be honest with your doctors

And second put yourself in a situation where you physically CANT get all these pills

Genuinely I can't admit to my stupidity and I have access to the pills next Tuesday via Rx, where is my will power gone? Why am I doing this, I love my baby and husband but do feel isolated living in husbands town and being a stay at home mum but it's still no excuse for the madness

be honest to your doctors first and go from there

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Is there nothing I can do by myself?

limit your access to the pills

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)