Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have severe, burning pain extending from both armpits

Customer Question
I have severe, burning...

I have severe, burning pain extending from both armpits along the ribs to my waist. I am being treated for post-herpetic neuralgia and Parkinson's.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

The burning began with an attack of the shingles 8 months ago. I have pain in the soles of my feet (Diabetic Type 2??).

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

High cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes Type 2 (Metformin), Parkinson's

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/5/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Yes its neuropathic pain which could be post-herpetic. I would like to know what all have you tried for this ?