Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is there any over the counter medication that I can take for…

Customer Question
Is there any over...

Is there any over the counter medication that I can take for PCOS?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I Don't take any medication daily, I was taking Metformin back in February but it didn't work. I'm not allergic to any kind of medications.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Following would help in PCOS;

1) Weight reduction. Loss of abdominal fat seems to be crucial to restore ovulation. If it is morbid obesity, Bariatric surgery may be advised. Otherwise dietary counseling and exercise would help in short and long term.
2) FSH stimulation with clomiphene HMG or pulsatile LHRH.
3) Reduction of ovarian androgen secretion by using oral contraceptives or LH-releasing hormone (LHRH) analogs.
4) Urofollitropin (pure FSH) administration.
5) Reduction of ovarian androgen secretion by laparoscopic ovarian wedge resection. Laparoscopic ovarian surgery (laparoscopic ovarian drilling) is a useful alternative that does not trigger ovary stimulation.
6) Metformin improves ovulation, insulin sensitivity.

Unfortunately there are no over the counter medications.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl