Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I get cramps in both hands every day to the point that I…

Customer Question
I get cramps in...

I get cramps in both hands every day to the point that I can't do anything without cramping What can I do to stop it from happening.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

I have High Blood Preasure and High Cholesterol which i am taking medication for

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am Obeasted and I have chronic pain in parts of my body I have two bulging discs 5 &6 which is pinching on two nerve ends and I also have Austo Arthritis

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Have you got any blood tests done ?

Have you taken any treatment for the cramps or neck issue or the discs ?

Do you have pins and needles sensation on the hands?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?

If you Agree with what I have mentioned, would you like me to release the rating service application on your page so you can leave me a feedback for my opinion provided

I have not had blood test for my cramps. I have had blood test for my Arthritis. I take Magnesium tablets every second day as I suffer from Gord. I have always had a problem with my neck since the 70's. Occasionally i get pins and needles in my hands, I had a carpel tunnel operation on my right wrist. I take progynova and i found out that one of the side affects is cramps. Sorry for not answering sooner but I have not had the chance to check my emails.

Progynova tablets contain the active ingredient estradiol, which is a naturally occurring form of the main female sex hormone oestrogen.

The hormonal side effects of etradiol are muscle cramps .

This can reduced by intake of potassium supplements or increasing dietary potassium like increased coconut water intake or bananas.

You can definitely consider stopping the Progynova in case your cramping symptoms are very unbearable.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

I did try to stop taking progynova once before but my hot flushes came back and it was really bad so I haven't been game to do it again.
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 9 months ago

Have you tried Evening Primrose Oil capsules ?

I have tried that and it didn't work.

Have you taken Potassium supplements ?