Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I smoked off and on for 3 months. Nights and weekends. Last…

Customer Question
I smoked off and...

I smoked off and on for 3 months. Nights and weekends. Last used 9/26. Need to test by 10/31. Maybe able to extend it possibly. Honestly thought I had until mid November so now worried. Started 6/23 through 9/25. Am overweight so reading horror stories of 60 days to fully cleanse. I'm now eating right, vegies fruits and lean meats.. Couple liters of water daily, lots of tea and detox dandelion tea. What's the chances of having it cleared out enough for a test on 10/31?

Doctor's Assistant: Is there an upcoming drug test scheduled? What kind of samples are being tested?

Urine test. Marijuana. Other drugs that I do not take

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Testing on 10/31. Urine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing at all. No medical problems. No prescription drugs

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/5/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Actually it is 3O days plus.

60 days is a gross over estimate, if you stay clean.

There is nothing to speed up the elimination, in fact.

Anything you try in that respect is likely to backfire.

However, over 30 days the advantage is on your side.

Delay it as much as you can.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.