Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've had sleeping problems since my return from Spain in…

Customer Question
I've had sleeping problems...

I've had sleeping problems since my return from Spain in 1972 to get a divorce from my French husband and also try to recover from a 5-year off and on, mostly on, bout of diarrhea, which was finally diagnosed as proteus at the America Hospital in Paris. I saw the best French GI doctor there, known as the best. I took the antibiotics given me, but have had bouts of diarrhea all my life (I'm now 75). I also could hardly sleep when I returned. I had loved Europe, but no longer loved my husband and had always had a horrible relationship with my mother. I went from sleeping pills to Sinequan (down to 100 pounds; I'm 5'5inches tall) and then Ativan after a second divorce. I'm a Berkeley grad, have had novels published and have always had confidence in my intellect, but have been emotionally vulnerable. For the past 7 years, I've been taking 2 mg. of Klonapin h.s. I've never smoked anything, cigarettes included, mostly because they disagreed with me. I was a big party girl and still love to host international students and be in a highly intellectually stimulating and nourishing atmosphere. I was still pitching my screenplays and trying to finish my novel, ***** ***** AMERICANS, (I'm white, but independent, middle class). About four months ago I began to lose my motivation. I started having the sleeping problems again, so I upped my dosage of Klonapin (doctor hesitant, but trying to help) to 2.5 mg. h.s. I am somewhat depressed although I keep trying to reboot my former, radiant self. I can't see going to a drug clinic at my age; I think it would kill me.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

My boyfriend, who is only 53 years old, and also my psychiatrist, whom I see once every two months. I have an HMO. He has suggested that I up the Sinequen instead of the Klonapin, but I become famished, and I'm close to 160 pounds. I come from a slender, ectomorphic family.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Dr. Polo already knows just about everything. He's terrific but I'm perhaps having a hard time getting older, which didn't hit me until lately. I produced my own movie, TOUCH OF THE DEVIL, at age 67, edited it with the help of Max Margolin who is about to release his first movie. Mine was considered for international release by Ghost House. The French family I married into was not only a wealthy one, but they had an internally famous poet in it. I have lots of confidence in that domain. However, I hate to see myself ... shall we say, getting tired before my time. My parents lived into their nineties. My sister is in near perfect health.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
10/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Have you taken Zolpidem ?

Zolpidem is used to treat The ediate-release forms are Ambien, Intermezzo, Edluar, and Zolpimist, which are used to help you fall asleep. The extended-release form of zolpidem is Ambien CR, which has a first layer that dissolves quickly to help you fall asleep, and a second layer that dissolves slowly to help you stay asleep.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic