Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

In the past week I have developed a tingling sensation on…

Customer Question
In the past week...

In the past week I have developed a tingling sensation on the bottoms of both my feet and they get very cold and then hot at times. I'm 48 years old and just found out my thyroid medication is off. I'm hypothyroid and just had my dosage increased.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Only Synthroid .112 mg

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had high cholesterol. My family lives a long time. My grandmother until 100 and grandfather until 90. But my dad passed away from a stroke at 63. He smoked.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/4/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are having neurologic symptoms in your feet. This could be a result of your hypothyroidism and will be relieved as soon as your increased dose of thyroid hormone correct for the deficiency. There is also a possibility that your sugar is high or a combination of both sugar and thyroid. If your symptoms are not reversed within 3-4 weeks after your increased dose of thyroid, then further studies are required to determine blood flow and lower extremity nerve stimulation.

I hope I have been able to help you and you feel better soon.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Any additional thoughts, questions?

How are you feeling?