Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Feels like I am swollowing shards of glass everytime i drink…

Customer Question
Feels like I am...

Feels like I am swollowing shards of glass everytime i drink or eat...

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

It started last wednesday... thought it was a cold felt like i was really healed on saturday night then sunday morning at 3am was hit like a mack truck with what I think was the flu... today I feel better but my throat is a mess.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

Had fever... havent in 12 hours

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
10/4/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

OK, I understand the situation, what is your exact question about this situation?

Why does it feel like that, what should I do, etc?
I hate this service... I will cancel, I should have just used my doctor app... you guys... just push money round every corner. I am a professional and will pay but not like this. Shoddy and shammy. Sorry. Wasting my time.

I think you are seeing site automation.

I did not suggest a phone call, I don't even do them.

Or any other pop up has nothing to do with me. I log in to answer questions as you log in to ask them.

Would you like to continue just with me?

I have an answer for you and you can ask more if needed after that.

Its okay... I will go on my doctor MD app...

OK.

I will notify customer service that you are not happy. And that you do not want to continue.

I am a double board certified US doctor with 25 years of experience. I could give you a list of possibilities here, and recommendations based on safety, standard of care , and forefront medicine.

If I don't here from you in a few minutes, I'll send this on. Please remember that experts log in and use the format as you do and we do our best.

Ok thank you... if you would like to share that would be fine... feel like wasted 30 minutes. But i appreciate your sincerity.

Well, any format takes getting used to. We answer questions. This is not a site to replace your doctor's visit. Diagnosis requires exam and we an not examine you. I am here to help people outside of the doctor physician relationship with the extent of my experience and knowledge, giving answers.

Ok with you?

There are a number of possibilities for this symptom.

Sore throat from viral infection. Most common.

Strep throat, unusual in an adult but possible. Often gets better after 3 or 4 days but is severe until that time, has a fever typically, pus on the tonsils, and lumps in the neck, sides and back or under the jaw. This requires antibiotics.

Acid reflux. Persistent sore throats without other explanation are often undiagnosed acid reflux. This requires prompt antacid treatment , and careful follow up.

More serious throat infections, such as epiglottitis or cellulitis of the throat. These can put a person in the intensive care unit if not addressed.

If you are very ill you need attention now.

If not, exam asap, and consideration of the above by your doctor, and exam accordingly, along with testing. Strep culture or raid strep test, for example.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. You are rating me and my answer, not the site. And, I will be here for any follow up needed. If you are not happy yet, let me know, rate later.