Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having watery stools and the need to pass them…

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having watery stools and the need to pass them consistently since Sunday. Today is Tuesday. Currently I am away on a business trip so seeing as doctor is harder

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None of those

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Some aches in the lower abdomen. And the urge to go to the toilet. When I do pass the poo is dark in colour and does not smell great but it is watery. Other than that I feel ok and have no loss of appetite I think it may be connected with some meat I made myself this weekend as I am based in Jordan

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 10 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

How may I help you with this please?

Oh would like to know it might be and if I need to seek further medical assistance and if there was something over the counter I could purchase

OK

Most times this is a viral gastroenteritis that runs its course in a few days

For now I suggest oral probiotics and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day

But if it continues beyond a week you need to see a doctor for a stool culture for E coli, salmonella and C diff since in that case you'll need a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information